“Mistress” had a very successful 2017/2018 fishing year which ended on 30June 2018.
All up we fished 92 days on the grounds we pioneered and “discovered” off Fraser Island and Tagged and Released or Released a Total of 199 Marlin. Incidently on 30 June when we were hoping to break the 200 figure we went one from 5. Rubber Hooks just when we didn’t need it? Such is Fishing.
Nevertheless we won the following Awards;
GAME FISH ASSOCIATION OF AUSTRALIA (GFAA)
- Highest Point Scoring Boat For Marlin. 2nd. David Litchfield Trophy.
- Sir Garrick Agnew Trophy for Angler who tagged the Most Billfish: Barry Alty.
NSW DPI FISHERIES DEPT (Who run the Australian tagging program and count all tags whereas the GFAA only counts fish tagged by Affiliated Club Members.
- Trophy for most Billfish Tagged: 2nd.
- Trophy for Captain Tagging Most Blue Marlin: Captain Brett Alty.
- Trophy for Angler Tagging Most Blue Marlin: Barry Alty.
THE BILLFISH FOUNDATION.
- Trophy for Captain Releasing the most Black Marlin in the Pacific Ocean: Captain Brett Alty.
- Trophy for Angler Releasing the most Black Marlin in the Pacific Ocean: Barry Alty.
All in all a very successful year for “Mistress” her crew, and Anglers.